WELCOME TO THE GNEISS ENERGY LIMITED PRIVACY NOTICE
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data generally and when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and will tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Important information and who we are
- This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Gneiss Energy Limited collects and processes your personal data including through your use of our website and including any data you may provide.
Our Contact details are:
Gneiss Energy Limited, registered in England with company no. 10186928;
- Registered office: 29 Farm Street, Mayfair, London W1J 5RL
- The email address for contact regarding personal data: [email protected]
1. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and otherwise process various types of personal data including your name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number, place of work, job title, business website, LinkedIn details and investment criteria if applicable.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you do not provide personal data where we need to collect it, we may not be able to respond to your requests or requirements.
2. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- You may give us your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, through interaction with our website or with our directors, employees and consultants or otherwise.
- We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as advisors or intermediaries you have appointed or from analytics providers
3. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party, which may include you or your business or employer) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email, text message and/or phone calls. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us using the contact details set out above.
We may use your personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive details of investment opportunities from us if you have both (i) requested information from us or have been a customer of ours or you have expressed an interest in the sectors we work in and/or the opportunities that we work on and (ii) we believe you will wish to receive information about goods and services we provide or the opportunities we are aware of.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any other organisation for marketing purposes.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time using the contact details set out above. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a contract or other transactions.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with other parties but our aim is to do this only in limited circumstances. This will include:
- Where we have engaged those third parties to process personal data on our behalf. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- If we were to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets, we would transfer your data to the entity that acquired our business.
6. International transfers
We do not intend to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA); we will contact you should the need to do this arise.
7. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
9. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These rights include the right to:
- request access to your personal data.
- request correction of your personal data.
- request erasure of your personal data.
- object to the processing of your personal data.
- request restriction of processing your personal data.
- request transfer of your personal data.
- withdraw consent to marketing communications.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at [email protected]
You can find more information about your rights at the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). You have the right to make complaints to the ICO, but we would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
10. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE AND OTHER INFORMATION
We will post any changes to our Privacy Notice to our website.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.